Initial Consultation Appointment
The first step in determining if bariatric surgery is appropriate for you is to attend one of Dr. Georgescu’s free seminars. Once this has been accomplished, a consultation with Dr. Georgescu can be scheduled. Here he can answer any questions or concerns you may have regarding weight-loss surgery and review the following:
- Are you a candidate for bariatric surgery
- How to calculate your BMI (Body Mass Index)
- How the surgery is performed
- What are associated risks and complications
- Learn more about life after surgery
- Determine if additional testing is required i.e. EGD, Sleep Study, Pulmonary Clearance…
Once you have met with Dr. Georgescu, you will then meet with our Bariatric Coordinator and discuss the following:
- Discuss how to schedule additional testing if needed
- Receive Surgery Guide and review
- Discuss when to schedule dietician visit
- Discuss when to schedule psychiatric visit
- Take before photographs
- Answer any additional questions related to insurance or the process and prior authorization etc.
Please remember to bring the following to your appointment
- Your patient forms and records, completely filled out
- Your insurance card.
- All prescriptions and over-the-counter medication you are currently taking
- A list of all questions and concerns you may have
- History of documented dietary weight loss attempts
- Lifelong commitment to dietary, exercise, and medical guidelines and follow-up care
- Psychological evaluation
If you believe bariatric surgery would improve your health and well-being, contact our office to begin a conversation and start the pre-qualification process.
* If you are paying for your procedure out of pocket, you can schedule your consent appointment and surgery date once additional test results have been received.